Be still

Be
Still
Know
that I am
God

Over these past two weeks, I've been thinking about what it means to just be. 

To be.
To be still.
To be content.
To be thankful.
To be grateful.
To be who we are designed to be as God's breath enters us each morning.
To be the one who steps up when others are in need.
To be the one who is willing to share my specific gifts.
To be.

Being involves leaning into stillness.  Stillness comes in a variety of forms and isn't about merely sitting still. For me, stillness is the posture and attitude that views the world through the lens of abundance.  It's in and through the spirit of abundance that a sense of connectedness comes to life. It reminds me that during this time of social distancing that I am connected to resources that others are not. The stillness reminds me that I am a salaried employee with benefits and that I am not forced to make a decision about whether or not to stay at home with my child while school is closed or go to work because I am paid by the hour and rely on tips.   The stillness eminds me that I have plenty of food in my pantry, I do not have to worry about how to feed my family while school is out. The stillness reminds me that I am healthy and my extended family members are healthy while others are working long hours exposing themselves to the virus in ways that they cannot see or comprehend.  The stillness reminds me that I am connected to others through the presence of technology when others rely on public spaces for their technology or pay as you go phones to help them stay connected.

Being content and leaning into stillness whispers the assurance of being known into my very soul.  We are known not because of what we have stockpiled in a few short days but how we care for others in the long haul.   I know that being cautious is vitally important to help flatline the rise of the coronavirus, having essentials are important in creating a safe environment at home yet I'm not going to let fear dictate my response to the world around me.

Being

Stillness

Knowing that fear only creates panic helps to remind me that I am part of a beautiful, wide world.  There is one who is weeping over the lives that have been lost.  There is one who is creating new pathways for us to be in communication and care for one another as worthy, children of God.  There is one who wants us to help our neighbors, to be kind and gentle to those we do not know, and calls us to love deeper than the deepest river.

Be....still...know...I am....



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today it happened.

Over and Over