A wheel

Blue is painted across the sky.

Green blades of grass fill the landscape. 

The mountains rising up on my left as I make my way across a blue lane highway in southern Tennessee.

Music would not keep my mind from wandering and so for one hour and forty-one minutes this morning I listened to The Archers; my BBC podcast.  The characters kept my heart from racing and my mind from creating a sense of anxiousness.

The address on my Google Maps led me to this charming house nestled in a beautiful, old neighborhood.  Three white rockers on the front porch sat ready for guest.  As I turned in, the host opened the door and as I stepped onto the porch she embraced me with a sincere and warm hug. One by one, greetings turned into expressions of embrace.

Conversations began.
Opening ourselves to who we are, where we see the path unfolding for us, and where we might just be in the years to come.
Vulnerability, creating a new culture.
Grace and the goodness of sharing a meal together.
Calendaring for events that would soon become my events.
Feelings of being overwhelmed crept in.
The knowing of belonging and feeling like part of the family.

It has been a big day for me.  A day of transition.

I've become part of a new wheel.  A wheel in which Jesus is the core,  with 6 of us who are distinctively unique, holding hands to create a church that is inclusive, filled with laughter and always a sanctuary of peace. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Over and Over

A Way Forward...it is a bit long