Making your way home

Making your way home 

I wrote this on the way home from the Holy Lands while I was sitting in the darkness of the early morning on the plane.


Home is an interesting word. It is definitely where your heart is....it is where your heart connects...it is where your soul is filled and where you find your foundation.


I have missed Emma  and Luke in more ways than I can count. Yet in the midst of wanting to be at home with them, I have been reminded that my home is so much broader and deeper than the two of them.

My home is found when I lean into the power of a creator that has spanned the ages.

Home is found as I push against a rock so strong that it cannot be moved. 

Home is the safety that abounds when the storms of life are ranging all around you and the Savior raises his voice to calm the seas just for you.

Home brings you back into community even in the midst of not always deserving it.

Home is the wisdom found in others.

Home comes when we offer all of who we are to a Father who embraces us and instantly offers a new set of clothes that offer warmth and protection.

Home is offered as a our name is spoken to come out of the darkness of the caves that have enveloped our lives; to be released from the things that have killed our souls and find a new life.

Home is found in our God who is so large , so incredible that he gives the promise of  many nations through the servant Abraham.  A home that expresses comes three distinctive ways of coming to him.

Home is the celebration of pentecost arising everyday as persons from around his globe come to worship, live, play and worship together.

Home is found in a Savior that says have thine own way lord.

Home is given when strangers are willing to open themselves to becoming one in Christ.

As the plane heads across the sea returning me to my precious family and the home that awaits me I must acknowledge that I have a new home. A home that I never expected to envelope me in such powerful ways;  but now  breathes new life within my soul.  I have a home that I long for in a different way, a home that I can come to at any moment within my day and one that will surround me in grace and forgiveness   Holy One, thank you for the pilgrimage to the home of of my faith for the nourishment that you laid before me as I dined with you  Thank you for the pilgrimage home to my family who await me with open arms.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shadows

A Way Forward...it is a bit long