Fog

Fog...

It isn't just present in the mornings, it can last half the day and today was one of the days that it just didn't seem to want to lift.  

It wasn't just the fog here on the mountain that didn't want to lift, it was the fog inside my head that didn't leave as quickly this morning as I had hopped.  The fog of being disorientated and dizzy would not stop as I tried to lift my head.  Yep...it was the fog of vertigo.  This fog has been with me for almost a week now and it's amazing how difficult it is to maneuver when the fog in our lives doesn't lift.

Vertigo definitely brings about it's own kind of fogginess but I'm guessing that each of us have experienced some sort of fog in our lives.  The fog of disappointments role into lives and it doesn't matter what we do it feels as though we cannot catch a break...or the kind of fog that comes from not speaking the truth and the consequences of our poor choices continue to come when we least expect it.  You know the kind of fog that lingers when your're simply not in a place of truly forgiving that person that wounded you in way that keeps ripping open.  I'm guessing that some of us have known the kind of fog that clings to our every fiber as we struggle to find our purpose; the kind of purpose that fills us with pure joy and bubbles up from the things that we love the most.

Fog is an interesting thing....

There are days when we wonder if it is ever going to lift.....

We wonder if the think dampness that makes us want to crawl into a hole will ever give way to something warm and inviting.

Fog.....



It's funny because I actually started this post on Wednesday, February 13th (Ash Wednesday) because I was growing weary from waking up to a room that was spinning.  I was tired of the fog that seemed to make itself at home within my brain in a way that left it hard for me to focus.  I was growing weary...and then I looked outside and there after a long morning of wondering if the fog would be lifting any time during the day I realized that the fog WAS lifting ever so gently.  

The fog was LIFTING!

The fog didn't lift within minutes but took it's own sweet time to lift but the reality is that it was lifting and that it did lift.  

The same is true for us.  

Yes, while we might be wondering if the fog that has made itself at home deep within our hearts and minds will ever fully lift God is coming to us.  God is blowing the fog ever so gently out of our lives.  God is wiping the fog off of the limbs that are clinging to our lives.  We may not notice it but it is happening.  Tonight God is making His way into our being to bring a sense of warmth and light.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Over and Over

A Way Forward...it is a bit long