Prayer

I haven't journaled about my trip to the Holy Lands but one of the things that happened was a sense of prayer.  It actually started a little over a month before I left.  I had three different 'events' that occurred that were all leading to the same conclusion, that I had to find a way to come to God.  I had to find a way of reconnecting to the Holiness that awaits me every single day.  I also knew that I had to bring the community of faith together, to lift up our leaders....the people within our community.....lift up the hurt and brokenness....the worries....fears and anxieties.....to celebrate and proclaim the joys...the moments of healing that are upon us and given to us.

I knew that was what I being asked to do.  I have been a part of prayer services in the past and I simply didn't want to settle for going through the list of names on the back of the bulletin.  I wanted to be real, I wanted to meet the needs and speak them out loud!

As we walked through the holiness of the Land of our Great God, I kept feeling a pressure to come. I kept feeling like I was being asked to be quiet.  I kept feeling like I was missing something. Then it happened, we were at the Church of the Holy Sepulcher  and I could not keep walking through the holiest sites I had ever seen without stopping and pushing the world away.  There were tons of persons in a very small space, and I found a quiet space on a bench.  At first it was very difficult.  I knew that my group was walking around and perhaps leaving the space.  Even with my eyes closed I knew that the room was being filled with people and the space was becoming more crowded.  


I wanted to run, I wanted to stop and simply find my group but I closed my eyes and then I found it.  This space where I couldn't hear any of the voices that were surrounding me.  I no longer felt the need to run to get up. I knew that a magnetic power was pulling me even closer, even deeper into it's presence.  I was completely alone with my Redeemer, my Friend, my Comforter, Prince of Peace and Counselor.  I was able to speak to God in a way that I had not known in such a long time.  I knew a power that was fresh and restorative.  


Upon my return home, a freshness has fallen upon me.   


The group that gathers at our new prayer service are open, willing and excited to meet God each and every week.  They make me want to come, they make me want to continue talking with God in a different kind of way.

Last night as I read the scripture and saw the weariness in each of them, I was pulled to lay hands upon each of them.  I am not sure how the words came or how I knew what their intimate thoughts were but our Almighty God knew and brought the words forth.  God's magnetic power pulled me to each of His servants.

Here is what I wrote on my facebook this morning: Prayer is an interesting thing, it is a process of emptying and yet being filled all at the same time. It is a bit frightening to pour your soul out and let your fears, worries and uncertainties be known. Yet it is fulfilling when you allow God's presence to guide, direct and illuminate your path. I am thankful for friends who pray with such honesty and depth. May your day be filled with God's presence as you lean into His presence.




Prayer...it is simply powerful.  I cannot explain it but what I do know is that my Great and powerful Creator is listening!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today it happened.

Over and Over