Refresh

To refresh means:  "to revive...to give new freshness or brightness..to restore and to fill up again".  


This summer's heat has been excruciating!  There have been plenty of days where just trying to get the car cooled has been a challenge.  The other day was another day in the low 90's and just being outside literally took my breath.  In the midst of the heat I had the privilege of walking into a local restaurant to sit at a table with 4 persons in whom I love and respect. 



As always the conversation was filled with laughter, grace, thought provoking questions and love. Each person adding a moment of refreshment to my life.


I am honored to sit with each of them every single month.  I know that as I sit with them that they rivive my passion for serving God in a personal journey; not just in leadership for the church.  


I am always amazed and in awe of my friend TW as he speaks with honesty and compassion. He simply has a way of talking that speaks the truth in love and grace.  He revives my soul in a way that is indescribable.  Every moment that I am able to share in his presence I experience the power of Christ. 


I am so thankful for my friend DL as his passion for people encourages others to feed the hungry and clothe the sick.  His passion for the least and the lost inspires me to remember those around me.   He brings a bright light into this world.


My wonderful friend JS aways has a way of looking at things with fresh eyes. He strives to think outside the box and confront things that are hard.  He has a way of bringing a freshness to the conversation.  His humor lightens the load and brings laughter to us all.


My sweet and wonderful friend HB is a woman of strength and deep insight. She sees the heart of persons and isn't afraid to lead even when the leading is hard.  She restores my belief that persons are good at the core and that Christ is present in all situations.  I treasure her opinion and thoughts more than she would ever know.


I have many other friends who truly revive my soul.  They add a brightness and freshness that restores my hope and faith in the world around me.  I am so thankful for persons like MW, MNP, LAB,CS, AG-F (and so many others) who bring a sense of freshness into my world.  


While it was another hot day and my schedule had been packed that week, God brought me into the sanctuary of friendship.  A sanctuary and holy ground where my soul was refreshed.


Who refreshes your soul?  Who helps to fill your tank when you are tired and empty?  Where do you find refreshment for your parched soul and heart?  I give thanks that my friends help to fill me and refresh my spirit.   

Comments

  1. I am thankful for many people in my life - I have been told by my husband, children, and others, that I am an "approachable" person. I like to meet people, and hear their stories. I enjoy my friends, but there are not many that I am that close to - I can count on both hands the people with whom I share my heart and soul, people who remind me of the things that are important, and help me realize my purpose. These are the people who feed me: SB & KB, who remind me that life is always worth living in the face of one of life's greatest tragedies; JB, whose devotion to scripture and recent conversion to Catholicism fills my heart with comfort and warm memories of my own time in the Church; LB, who is filled with humor and reminds me of the importance of taking time out to be silly; MS, whose humility and quiet grace and understanding inspires me to take time to think things through; AD, an exceptionally refreshing breath of life in my sometimes tired and frustrated mind & heart, who brings clarity to my thinking when I can't see through the fog, helping me to realize that even in the muck and mud, God's plan is unfolding right before our eyes; and SM - her unquestioning and unrelenting belief and faith in God and His church, even when it would drive the most faithful of His servants away from it, helps me to understand the importance of BEING church and DOING church and not just GOING to church. I have many friends I am thankful for, but these are the friends I share my heart with.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Today it happened.

Over and Over