Hope

God works in amazing ways.  One day last week I had the privilege of watching the sun rise over the trees painting the sky with  beautiful hues of pink, gold and purple.  As I looked into the sky, I took a deep breath and gave thanks for being apart of something so amazing.  That night in a rare twist of events as I drove home I witnessed the sun stretching across the horizon and watched as the light brought forth a different color of red and orange.  I'm not sure that I have ever seen the beauty painted across the horizon twice in one day.  


In the midst of craziness of life the awe of experiencing a breathtaking sunrise and sunset in one day seemed to fade.  The calmness and the hope that each of those sceneries brought into my life faded under the pressure of trying to do the everyday.  Today as I made a quick scroll through the ever changing Facebook status I noticed that someone had asked a simple question: what has given you a bit of hope lately.  


I realized that the sunrise and sunset had given me hope that something new would be created and come deep within me. I experienced hope as a doctor listened as someone I love described their symptoms in a manner of boldness.  I experienced hope as a new medicine was given to help find peace and calmness for the one whom I dearly love. I  felt hope rise as I saw the joy come across the face of a person who felt as they are carrying the weight of the world on their shoulders be lifted for just a second.  I experienced hope as a group of adults committed to partner with young persons as they grow in their journey of becoming a Disciple of Jesus. I knew hope and goodness and I listened to someone pour words of appreciation and love upon me for just being me.  I realized that I have experienced hope in so many ways in the past two weeks.


Hebrews 11 tells us that "faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we cannot see."  I am certain that I serve a God of faithfulness and one that has placed a song deep within me.  I am thankful for the grace that is abundant. I am thankful for that hope that rises (even if for a moment) in the midst of the dangers...in the midst of the absolute darkness....in the midst of the turmoil.  I am thankful that while I cannot see the future,  I have the hope that tomorrow will bring another beautiful sunrise and sunset for me to breathe in and enjoy every hue and stillness.


Where have you experienced the hope of something new being revealed to you?  How have you experienced the hope of a new beginning reigning down upon you?  Where do you need to open yourself so that you might experience the sense of hope in your life?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today it happened.

Over and Over