Friday, March 4th

This week our daughter was given a gift, 3 simple buttercups.  As I saw them sitting on our mantle in a simple vase I was immediately taken back to the fields of my childhood.  The fields of my grandparents where we would run freely and pick as many buttercups as we could possibly hold.

Buttercups are simple and yet beautiful.  As they make their way out of the ground each year it is always the first sign of a new season...new life making its way into this world. The bright yellows and white dot the landscape and draw us in beckoning us to take a deep breath.

Over the past several months I have wondered about blogging, about what it would be like to have a place to share my thoughts, to open myself to the world around me.  To allow persons to see a glimpse of me that they might not otherwise see.  I have been drawn to opening myself like the buttercups of the season...opening myself to something new. 

I have no idea if the words that fall upon this page will reach anyone but myself. I am simply opening myself to something new to see where our great Creator leads me in the seasons to come.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Over and Over

A Way Forward...it is a bit long