Almost here

The sun rose and was sitting perfectly in between the trees.

The trail was muddy and squishy.

The water was flowing with swiftness and the streaming under the bridges and over the ledges.

The sounds were pure.

The branches were climbing out of the tree trunks that held them with such deep roots.  Branches that seemed to be reaching as high as they could to catch some of the sun's glorious rays.

The evergreens will filled with a dew ever so slightly that caught the morning rays ever so gently holding a shine that lured your eye to their presence.

The spider's webs were sticky.

This morning it was as if everything was caught somewhere between almost here and not just yet.

It was as if there was a presence of new life was just waiting to rise up from the ground and spring forth across the branches.  It was as if every step that I took this morning revealed a world that was ready to explode with a sense of transformation....and yet it simply isn't time yet for that transformation to make it's presence fully known.

As much as I love the sun.
      As much as I love the warmth that the sun provides and reigns down upon me.
             As much as I love the vibrant colors that arise out of the flower beds it simply isn't time for it               to be in full bloom.

The growth of our trees, the colors of the flowers happens because of an intricate process. Life simply does not rise out of the deep, darkness of winter hibernation into a  full transformation.

We might want spring to be in full force but the reality is that if we force it come on our time and in our schedule we will miss the rising of something new.  We will take for granted the joy and glory of the sun shining down upon us.  We will walk through spider webs with irritation instead of a sense of awe at their handy-work.  We miss the creativity and handiwork of our Mighty Creator.  We will miss the unique ways of living at surround us daily.

The almost here and not yet of the morning helps me to stand in the depths of my own journey with Jesus.  There are so many times that I am sense that I am ready for a change....I am longing for a transformation...I want something new and different to find that I am almost there. I can see the end but I cannot get there from where I am currently standing.    The almost there and not yet are the moments were God is doing His most intricate work.

Shaving off pieces inside me that are splintered.

Sealing the hope and joy into the crevasses of my heart,soul and mind.

Sewing the ligaments of forgiveness and mercy throughout my being.


Today I am thankful to have the almost and not just yet.  I am willing to watch it all unfold so that I might stand in the beauty of the transformation that has been given. Where is the almost there and not just yet present in your life?  What can you sense God doing  within you?

The almost here and not just yet is a gift.
 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Over and Over

A Way Forward...it is a bit long